SMALL GROUP INSTRUMENT LESSON
We offer group lessons for the following:
This new group class is designed to be an introduction to the beginning concept of playing the instrument. It is a great jumping off point to all the fretted stringed instruments (guitar, bass, mandolin, etc.) This class will cover instrument tuning, basic right and left hand technique, strumming, hand placement, and body positioning. The class will also cover chords, scales, and sheet music reading, and students will apply these concepts in their practice outside of class. At the end of each semester, students will perform a piece within a group ensemble as well as a solo recital piece.
- It is mandatory for each student to have an instrument to practice on
- Each student must bring their instrument to class
Attendance is mandatory
- Missed classes will result in being dropped from the class
- Practice is mandatory – 20 to 30 minutes per day per instrument is the minimum
- Unruly or destructive behavior will result in removal from the program without refund
Let's Make music!
The Saturday Conservatory of Music (SCM) was established to provide affordable, quality music instruction to children in the greater Los Angeles area, targeting children from low income families and the school trained musician.